Go Back   Aural Moon - Progressive Rock Discussion > Prog Rock Discussion > General Discussion/Prog News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2005, 10:37 PM
<Insert emoticon here>

I'm in!

Count me, most definitely, IN!

I did a cpl years as a radio DJ at the campus station here in the early 90s and have missed it as an outlet (ever since some pinhead tried to turn a completely "indy" alternative station into a Clear(asil)Channel clone....

I know time will be a problem for me (as my late post to this thread might indicate), so I'll get way back at the end of the line. But that would give me some time to get things set up to rip some of my ~2000 LPs into a show. A lot of it's on the Moon, but I can probably find a few obscurities to lob at the listeners! (SESAC permitting...)

Thanks PDJ, for offering to entrust your incredible station to its listeners in this way!!
Old 08-20-2005, 02:19 AM

I'd like too.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:00 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Send a message via AIM to VAXman Send a message via Skype™ to VAXman
Re: the fine print,

Quote:
Originally posted by sharcnorris
..,personally I would favor the whole 3 hours produced by the shows creator for greater variety and less work for Brian,
So would I.

Remember, I'm an engineer. We're inherently lazy.
---------------------and Restroom Supplies, and Techno-patsy --

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Patron

Back from my one week holiday (without any AM...) I gladly read Jim's go ahe for the show, as well as Vax indications about the organisation.

To Sharc: I personally would suggest to send Vax a complete show with every song and every voice on CD or by e-mail (as Vax prefers), so he has the less work. Regarding the songs in hte show, I guess that if we are speaking of favorites, the moonie presenting the show has the CD or recording of his favorites, so that he can rip it easily into the desired format. I will go ahead with the production of my show with mostly material, which is not! on the Moon, although the artist is on the Moon. But of course, some of my super favorites are othe Moon, and I will consider them.

To Vax: Please let us know, what format do you want us to send you the show. (e.g. 128 kbs, numbered in tracks 01 to XX etc, by CD or e-mail).

Last question: Are we aiming now to a 2 hours or 3 hours show, ore something not "exceeding 3 hours"?

Beginning here to compilate the show.......
Old 08-21-2005, 07:31 AM
progger propellerhead

Location: Presently reside in Jackson (southern) NJ (20 miles east of NEARfest 2002 & 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by lotus
Back from my one week holiday (without any AM...) I gladly read Jim's go ahe for the show, as well as Vax indications about the organisation.

To Sharc: I personally would suggest to send Vax a complete show with every song and every voice on CD or by e-mail (as Vax prefers), so he has the less work. Regarding the songs in hte show, I guess that if we are speaking of favorites, the moonie presenting the show has the CD or recording of his favorites, so that he can rip it easily into the desired format. I will go ahead with the production of my show with mostly material, which is not! on the Moon, although the artist is on the Moon. But of course, some of my super favorites are othe Moon, and I will consider them.

To Vax: Please let us know, what format do you want us to send you the show. (e.g. 128 kbs, numbered in tracks 01 to XX etc, by CD or e-mail).

Last question: Are we aiming now to a 2 hours or 3 hours show, ore something not "exceeding 3 hours"?

Beginning here to compilate the show.......
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not send shows via email. Do you have any idea of how big such a file would be? And it's even bigger when sent via email because the attachment is encoded BASE64 making it about 1.5 times larger in transit.

Music on the moon is ripped at 192K MP3. If you send your shows with your own tracks, this would be the preferred encoding. MP3s on CD sent to me would be ideal. If you must send them electronically, contact me first. I'll set up password protected ftp, sftp/scp or even a web upload page -- anything but humongous detestable email attachments.

As for show duration, that's will be Jim's call. I don't believe we have any show other than Gagliarchives that is more than 3 hours (Rick's and Interzone).

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses
In

I guess I could throw my microphone into the arena.

Some of you are probably already aware that I do a show elsewhere and putting together two different shows could be something of a challenge. However, the other show is 2 hours and if this is two hours also, I see the possibility of recycling.

You know, gotta conserve our prog resources and such...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Owner/Program Director

Quote:
Originally posted by VAXman

As for show duration, that's will be Jim's call. I don't believe we have any show other than Gagliarchives that is more than 3 hours (Rick's and Interzone).
maximum 3 hours. would 2 hours be too limiting? I think I'd prefer 2, but if lots of people are already leaning towards 3, I'd be OK with that.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:53 PM

hey, i was going to suggest twisting moses' arm to
do a version of his fantastic "fusion reactor" here,
but didn't want to put him on the spot.

it's a great show, always incredibly tasteful.
i highly recommend it.

k

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool
available at itunes, toweronline, bestbuyonline,
sony direct, rhapsody, loudeye...
IOMA award winner "best producer"2004
Old 08-23-2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kirk
hey, i was going to suggest twisting moses' arm to
do a version of his fantastic "fusion reactor" here,
but didn't want to put him on the spot.

it's a great show, always incredibly tasteful.
i highly recommend it.

k
It is tasteful....I like it anyway

Although my time is limited, I try to catch it when I can. And he chats too!
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Patron

Get to work you lot......

Come on everyone - get your shows done so we can get this thing going - I've done mine and sent it in - Now we have to wait until there's enough to get it going.

Move your asses..................or else
Old 10-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Patron

I have to put the thread on the top again.....

Vax up to now has received Rogors and my show for a broadcast. According to Vax, he would like to have a couple of more shows present in order to begin a regular shoow on the Moon. So please, Moonies, make your shows and send them to Vax!!!!

On the other hand, Vax, why don't you broadcast Rogor's and my show in the next future in order to take the fear away from all other moonies, that their show has to be 100% perfect... I am sure, that my show is not even 50%, but I guess that it is interesting for all other Prog Lovers. We will see that on the day when you put it in the pipe...

So, in my opinion, we should go ahead with the shows that we have, announcing them on the homepage some time in advance. And Again, please consider, that Rogor and I live in Europe (Eastern time -6 hours)...

Awaiting Vax coments...
Old 10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Patron

I think it would help if someone would remind us again of the guidelines for the shows in terms of where we are to collect the material from (moon stuff or not) and whether or not it needs commentators comments. I would have no idea how to do that, not having a microphone.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:42 PM

Like Mossy, recording my voice is problematic

but, coming up with a show is not. I'm definitely interested in contributing, & my schedule should free up somewhat soon to put it together.

To not take away from other scheduled shows, the emphasis is on our personal favorites, as opposed to themed shows, right?

My tendency should be obvious...
Old 10-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lotus
I have to put the thread on the top again.....

Vax up to now has received Rogors and my show for a broadcast. According to Vax, he would like to have a couple of more shows present in order to begin a regular shoow on the Moon. So please, Moonies, make your shows and send them to Vax!!!!

On the other hand, Vax, why don't you broadcast Rogor's and my show in the next future in order to take the fear away from all other moonies, that their show has to be 100% perfect... I am sure, that my show is not even 50%, but I guess that it is interesting for all other Prog Lovers. We will see that on the day when you put it in the pipe...

So, in my opinion, we should go ahead with the shows that we have, announcing them on the homepage some time in advance. And Again, please consider, that Rogor and I live in Europe (Eastern time -6 hours)...

Awaiting Vax coments...
I heard a caller to a sports talk show say "Why is Congess investigating steroids when there's hurricane victims to be helped"? The reply was "we can walk and chew gum at the same time".

The reason I bring up this seemingly useless analogy is that there's always something that comes up. Couldn't we just run the shows and see what happens?

I agree with Lotus, as long as its workable with vax. If the shows are ready, let's hear them!

And to the others: I can also assist if I can.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Patron

Technical Advises

There seems to be a little confusion about how to produce the show and make it available to the moon. Here is how I did it (with the assistance and advises of Vax).

First I selected the tunes I would like to have broadcasted and ripped the into MP3 at 192 kbs into a separate directory, reserved only for the show. This is the format in which all tunes are on the moon.

Then I recorded some (not very good) voice messages for the announcement of the different tunes. Also done in MP3 at 192 kbs.

After that I decided for the sequence how the tunes and voice recordings should play on the show, and renamed the files (in the sequence) to 01 name artist name tume.mp3; 02 name artis name tune.mp3; 03 voice01.mp3 etc,, so that it shows up in the directory in the right order to be played.

Then I burned the whole thing (my show is 2:40 h long) and send the CD to Vax, where it is waiting to be broadcasted...

I hope that Vax will get a lot of CD's in the next time....

Old 10-03-2005, 05:47 AM
progger propellerhead

Send your CDs to me:

VAXman (aka. Brian Schenkenberger)
14 Rutgers Road
dungeon crawl space #4
Jackson, (The Peoples Republic of) New Jersey
08527-2320
USA
Planet Earth
The Solar System
Milky Way Galaxy
Known Universe

Cogito ergo iMac.         
Old 10-03-2005, 06:59 AM

spot open..

It would probably be silly for me to do a show on Monday, October 24. We could have the European shows in that slot. the night before (10/23) is also open.

Let me know, they're available.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Patron

Re: spot open..

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick and Roll
It would probably be silly for me to do a show on Monday, October 24. We could have the European shows in that slot. the night before (10/23) is also open.

Let me know, they're available.
For my show, Oct 24th would not be ok, as I would not be present....(Ray Wilson gig her). Therefors I suggest to postpone it for one week, as I also would like to hear Rogor's one...
Old 10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Patron

I learned today from Vax, that only RogorMortis show are at Vax site.

Come on Moonies, send your shows to Vax, as this is essential for this new show series to become reality

Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Patron

I learned today from Vax, that only RogorMortis and my show are at Vax site.

Come on Moonies, send your shows to Vax, as this is essential for this new show series to become reality

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: